My son has the right idea. He went away for the weekend and let others move him into his college apartment.
Unfortunately, his dad and I got assigned the task of moving crew. Have I mentioned that I hate moving?
- I’m sure there is something that didn’t get loaded in the truck. Even when our son was here overseeing the move, we still had to bring him some things he forgot.
- Holiday weekend plans? Moving my son into his dorm. Not really something fantastic to blog about.
- His grandparents donated a large old heavy television to the “furnish our apartment” cause. Guess who isn’t around to move it?
- The work day for pulling weeds at the church is at the same time as check-in for the dorms. Pull weeds or move? *balancing the scales* This is the “good news” heading, so you know which hateful task I deemed “least favorite.”
- That huge old TV has wheels.
- Lots of young, strong college students hang around the dorms to help carry stuff. I didn’t even break a nail this year.
Considering the fact that we’re trying to sell our house, I’m grateful to remove a smidgen of stuff.
When my oldest son gets a job and his own apartment, even more items will disappear. Not magically, of course. I’m sure I’ll get to help with that move, as well.
After that our two car garage we own might actually have room for two cars. Inconceivable!
How do you feel about moving? Any moving horror stories to share? Please, I’m so looking forward to moving my entire house so don’t be gentle.