Anyone who enjoys the ocean, the beach, green scenery or balmy nights should plan a trip to Hawaii. In short: everyone needs to experience the fiftieth U.S. state at least once.
It may prove challenging to visit only once.
I recommend Oahu for those people who want a fast-paced trip. A varied night life awaits once the pulse of Waikiki beach fades under the setting sun.
If you want a wide variety of hiking, biking, sightseeing, snorkeling, shopping and adventure, I suggest the island of Maui. On my next trip (See? I warned you this might happen), I’m going to hike to waterfalls in the Northern mountains and zip line through a jungle.
Here are the top ten most memorable moments from my recent vacation in the Aloha State and, specifically, to the Valley Isle:
10. Snoozing beneath crystal blue skies beside a sparkling swimming pool
9. Quality time with people I love while basking in sunlight and inhaling balmy air
8. My inner pyromaniac salivating as men in loincloths spin fire overhead and between their legs
7. Whooping down Haleakala atop a bicycle
6. Building my ocean-colored Pandora bracelet with a turtle charm to cement this vacation in memory
5. Enjoying each meal on the lanai with friendly birds and full view of the trip mascot: turtles
4. Admiring the “neck” of Maui from 6,500 feet above sea level
3. Swimming in the warm ocean with sea turtles bobbing up all around me
2. Lapping waves as a lullaby every night and a daily wakeup call
1. Dolphins racing the boat and spinning in the air a few yards away
Take a moment to reflect on your best moments from your last trip away from home. Make a list. What tops your list? What made that moment so special?