This award was a happy Monday morning for me last week. I know it seems like maybe I wasn’t that excited since I waited to post this huge and hearty “THANK YOU” to Zehira-blog until now. Once you see all the requirements, perhaps you’ll forgive me.
The following portion are the guidelines for accepting the award, as presented in my nominator’s blog:
The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse. With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have less than 200 followers.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingys.
Here are the eleven facts about me that you never knew (and were probably glad you didn’t):
I dream I live in an isolated cabin on Mt. Hood with a horse and a bobcat. Spiders make me scream. Fruit pie and ice cream is my idea of a decadent breakfast. I’m a closet “cat lady.” I wanted to be an FBI agent when I was 12. I think exercise is the best drug in the world. My favorite place to be is at home. I could totally win Survivor, but I’d rather be on The Amazing Race. I am two inches shorter now than I was at 18. I despise wearing shoes. My hands and feet are perennially icy.
These were the questions that were posed to me and my witty responses:
(1) Which famous people living or dead would you invite to your fantasy dinner party? Mark Twain, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, C.S. Lewis, Rick Riordan and Kristen Lamb would be present at the phenomenal dinner party and I would happily hang on every word they said.
(2) What is your favorite topic to Blog about? I really enjoy blogging about my family, writing and the struggles I have balancing work, school, family and writing.
(3) Do you have any guilty pleasures? The only one I can mention to all of cyber space is dark chocolate truffles.
(4) What three words would you use to describe yourself? Forthright, industrious, positive
(5) Who would play you in a movie version of your life? Duh – Jennifer Aniston. Apparently, I have her eyebrows (says an esthetician who shaped them for me).
(6) If you were to write collaboratively with any author, who would it be and why? This is extremely difficult. I adore Rick Riordan’s writing voice and since he writes YA fantasy, he could really help me. Since C.S. Lewis is unavailable, I’m going with Mr. Riordan.
(7) Is the glass half empty or half full? Half-empty when it’s that thick fiber drink, but half-full the rest of the time.
(8) What is your greatest ever achievement? Maintaining a 4.0 in college
(9) If you had your own theme tune what would it be? “Soak up the Sun”
(10) What is your favorite film? This one always gets me because it really depends on my mood. One that I could watch over and over is “Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.”
(11) If you could be an animal for a day, what animal would you be? I would be a black panther. I would sleep in the sun and then climb high in a tree and sleep there. Sleeping in the sun is my favorite pastime.
Now all of you nominees of mine, these are the questions you will answer when you “pay it forward” and award some other little-known blogs.
- If you were a book, what genre would you be?
- If you were a book, who is your author?
- Where in the world would you travel if time and money were unlimited?
- Your favorite food in the world is…
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream (please don’t say vanilla!)?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- Name the teacher that most deeply affected your life.
- The most important quality in a friend is…
- Describe your comfy clothes.
- Do you prefer it warm or cool in the room when you sleep?
- What would the title of your autobiography be?
And my nominees for this distinguished Liebster Award: